North Clinton Church
Sunday, June 26, 2016
That all may come to know...
Due to overcrowded facilities at West Clinton Mennonite Church, they decided to plant a new congregation which could provide an evangelistic outreach into Wauseon. A location was selected on the west edge of Wauseon (in the northern part of Clinton Township) to plant North Clinton Mennonite Church. The West Clinton congregation was encouraged to pray about their participation in this new church plant. Those who sensed God's "call" joined the new church. The congregation began in 1957 with 111 charter members. The church grew and enlarged the facility in 1975 to accommodate their growth. In 2014 members voted to leave Ohio Conference of the Mennonite Church and Mennonite Church USA. In 2015 members voted to participate in a 1-year provisional membership with Evana Network and changed the church name to “North Clinton Church”.
Each Sunday the congregation is challenged to grow in their understanding of what it means to be a fully devoted follower of Jesus. Through practical, understandable sermons each person is given the tools to lead a productive Christian life.
Weekend worship attendance in the two worship services has now grown to a combined average of about 330. A 22,000 square foot addition completed in 2000 provides more effective tools for reaching the community for Christ. The congregation has embraced many people from varying church and unchurched backgrounds (approx. 40-50% come from non-Mennonite backgrounds). The differing spiritual backgrounds bring a wonderful variety to our fellowship, worship and mission in our local community and in many locations around the world.